Re: Windows installer kick-off

Hi!

>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Obbayi <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<cut>

Steve> Hi Monty,
Steve> It happens at times when mysql 5.x is installed on windows and the user set up lets say "root" and the wizard finishes. I have encountered several times that the mysql server is inaccessible using the user that was set (in this case "root" )until a reboot is done then everything works fine. I havent encountered this on windows vista its only windows xp.

That sounds like one added the user with insert commands into the
mysql.user table without doing a 'mysqladmin flush-privileges'
afterwords.

I would guess this is a bug in the installer that is easy to get
around.

Regards,
Monty