Re: request for comment: OQGRAPH in 5.1 packages

Let me add that the 'mysql-essentials' download package is very popular with
Windows users (it includes InnoDB, though!). I think MariaDB should be
careful not to make the default download too big.  Not that bandwidth and
disk space is a big problem for most users nowadays. But it seems people
want a small package for evaluation.   MariaDB download is/will be
significantly larger than a 'parallel' MySQL and that itself can be a
'stopper' for popularization.  98% of users do not care about tests and
rarely used clients and scripts. They want *the basic database
functionality* only (but don't mistake: I am a big PBXT fan and that should
be included as default - as it already is with the XAMPP 'bundle' package
and has been for around 6 months or so).
.
Peter
Webyog
.