Re: bzr commit into MariaDB 5.1, with Maria 1.5:maria branch (knielsen:2785)

Hi Arjen,

Hi Igor

On 14/12/2009, at 12:39 PM, Igor Babaev wrote:
There should be a common sense after all.
Adding 7K files from boost doesn't comply with a common sense.
no matter what Arjen thinks about it.
If oqgraph cannot do without boost in the MariaDB development tree we'd
better drop oqgraph.

It's not much in size, it's numbers of files that you're concerned about - and I fully share your concern. I'd need to check (and possibly verify with Antony) how the Boost include logic works and if we can therefore strip it to the bits OQGRAPH actually uses.

My concern is that Oqgraph includes as a major part of its implementation a
generic library like Boost. Suppose tomorrow we get another storage engine
(or any plugin) that also needs part of Boost, and then another one that uses
STL, and then another one that, let's say, uses LEDA. All great libraries.

Do you think that it is reasonable that all such projects should follow
the approach you suggest, and internally embed the libraries they use (or parts
thereof)?

Timour

Cheers,
Arjen.