Re: protocol testing tool

Hi Monty,

You don't need to take all of libdrizzle in order to get the protocol
testing suite. This is being developed independently and can be copied
into any project. I'm currently keeping it in both libdrizzle and
drizzle projects. You can always sync from one of these sources.

As far as libdrizzle in general, I talked to Arjen at LCA and we
said in order to make libdrizzle more useful for the general MySQL
community, a binding layer would need to exist to provide a compatible
API, possibly even ABI like you mentioned. This is on my TODO list. :)

Of course, some of the real benefits of using libdrizzle, like
concurrent query support, will come using the native interface and
not a libmysql binding.

-Eric