Re: bzr commit into MariaDB 5.1, with Maria 1.5:maria branch (monty:2834)

Hi!

Sergei> Hi, Michael!
Sergei> On Mar 28, Michael Widenius wrote:

>> #At lp:maria based on revid:sergii@xxxxxxxxx-20100324221239-7bj3zf8yv6bgclx1
>>
>> 2834 Michael Widenius	2010-03-28
>> Fixed compiler warnings and sporadic failures in test cases

Sergei> Hey, Monty,
Sergei> may I ask what warnings did you get with gcc on these (see below)
Sergei> absolutely legal C++ constructs ?

Sergei> I'm not getting *any* warnings from, for example, item_create.cc, even
Sergei> when I enable all possible warnings in gcc (besides "unused parameter"
Sergei> warning).

http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/sol-sparc-32/builds/141/steps/compile/logs/warnings

Warnings like:

item_create.cc:72: warning: `virtual Item* Create_func_arg0::create(THD*, LEX_STRING, List<Item>*)' was hidden
item_create.cc:501: warning:   by `virtual Item* Create_func_connection_id::create(THD*)'

This comes from older gcc's, but which are still widely used.
After my last changes, the number of warnings went down from > 50 to
7, which I will fix in my next patch.

Regards,
Monty