Re: Summary of discussion about MariaDB future and release plans

Hi!

Peter> Sergei,
Peter> I just wanted to mention product version and how it is encoded in RPM and
Peter> DEB packages are 2 different things.

Peter> We have similar problem with Percona Server, adding some unstable features
Peter> and we plan to either solve it by prefix or different repository.

Peter> Inventing  your own MariaDB 5.2 is very confusing, seriously

Peter> Are fixes in MySQL 5.1.47 in MariaDB 5.2.0  ?       Requirement to go and
Peter> check the docs all the time is inconvenient.

For the latest MariaDB 5.2, all the fixes in the latest MariaDB 5.1
are there.

The game plan is to release both once a month (first 5.1 and then
5.2). That way you can always assume that 5.2 is up to date (at least
for any bug that was fixed more than a month ago).

This is not different from MySQL 5.0 or MySQL 5.1; You can always
assume that when a new MySQL 5.1 is out, it includes all bug fixes
from 5.0.

Regards,
Monty