Re: Summary of discussion about MariaDB future and release plans

Hi Peter

On 12/05/2010, at 4:00 PM, Peter Zaitsev wrote:
5.2.47 is a lot more clear for me though it relays on the fact MySQL chose not to release 5.2 themselves What are you going to do with 5.5 as it comes out ? Create 5.6 and hope MySQL will never release such a version ?
I think it is confusing.

I also think this is moving away from what things really are MariaDB 5.2.0 is based on 5.1.44 (whatever) and it just includes more changes than MariaDB 5.1.44 There is also MariaDB 5.3 which also may be
based on the same  base MySQL version though have even more changes.

Ehm what are you suggestion we use for versioning method?

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: packages for MySQL and MariaDB @ http://ourdelta.org