Re: per-partition attributes in the CREATE TABLE

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:11 PM, kentoku <kentokushiba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Additionally,
> for supporting different engines in different partitions,
> table options should better to be added engine names like
> global/session parameters for avoiding conflicting option names.
>
> ----- example start -----
>
> If you create a table using following SQL,
>  CREATE TABLE tbl_a
>  (.....)
>  innodb_XXX=1 pbxt_XXX=2
>  PARTITION BY KEY(a) (
>    PARTITION pt1 ENGINE=innodb innodb_YYY=3,
>    PARTITION pt2 ENGINE=pbxt pbxt_ZZZ=4
>  );
>
> pt1 options are
>  innodb_XXX=1
>  innodb_YYY=3
>
> and
>
> pt2 options are
>  pbxt_XXX=2
>  pbxt_ZZZ=4
>
> ----- example end -----

In the storage engine summit we discussed that different engines can
support the same parameter XXX and it requires coordination to make
sure both two engines agree on the semantics of XXX. Hence, while your
example above is correct in the sense that it is possible for an
engine to choose to prefix its own parameters, the normal use case
would be:

 CREATE TABLE tbl_a
 (.....)
 XXX=1