Re: 64 table join limit

One thing about dynamic columns is that they have sped up our development cycle by a factor of 5, since we are not spending time on hard coded binding layers, and analysts can create application tables instead of developers and DBAs.  We have other mechanisms in place to support typing, validation, relationships, and UI crud screens with master-detail, all dynamically, with no app restart or sql scripts.  But to make it work we need really good indexing which is what we can do using a regular mysql table.  The concern with the blob approach is we'd need to wait for indexing, or use an external index.  I looked at couch db but it doesn't seem to have the level of transactional support we need, and mySQL does.

If someone were to submit a patch for the 64 limit would that be acceptable?

Dan