Re: problem with partitioning and our storage engine in 5.2

I think we found out the problem. In ha_partition.cc, in the function
ha_partition::handle_ordered_index_scan, this code was added:
    case partition_index_last:
      /*
        MyISAM engine can fail if we call index_last() when indexes disabled
        that happens if the table is empty.
        Here we use file->stats.records instead of file->records() because
        file->records() is supposed to return an EXACT count, and it can be
        possibly slow. We don't need an exact number, an approximate one- from
        the last ::info() call - is sufficient.
      */
      if (file->stats.records == 0)
      {
        error= HA_ERR_END_OF_FILE;
        break;

We always thought that stats.records was meant to be an estimate, and
that an estimate of 0 was ok even if the table was non-empty. We were
reporting that stats.records was 0 even though the table was
non-empty. Is this assumption wrong?

-Zardosht