Re: problem with partitioning and our storage engine in 5.2

Hi, Zardosht!

On Dec 08, Zardosht Kasheff wrote:

> We always thought that stats.records was meant to be an estimate, and
> that an estimate of 0 was ok even if the table was non-empty. We were
> reporting that stats.records was 0 even though the table was
> non-empty. Is this assumption wrong?

Yes, it is. stats.records is an estimate (unless you
set HA_STATS_RECORDS_IS_EXACT) as long as it's not 0.
The value of 0 is always exact, that is if stats.records is 0, MySQL
considers the table to be empty, irrespectively from
HA_STATS_RECORDS_IS_EXACT.

If you aren't sure, return 1.