Re: Proposal to split @@optimizer_switch

If you want to you could create a magic variable called optimizer that
would set the rest of the optimizer_* variables back to their default.
I don't like the idea of introducing dot notation only in the
optimizer variables without also changing things like query_cache_* or
ft_* It also adds a hierarchy into variables that didn't really exist
before.