Re: MariaDB 5.5 binary tarball packages and libaio

Hi!

Sergei> Hi, Kristian!
Sergei> On Nov 25, Kristian Nielsen wrote:

>> One option could be statically linking libaio. Now in general, static
>> linking is a can of worms with many pitfalls, however for just libaio
>> it might work (libaio.so is statically linked on my Debian Wheezy).
>> However, I am not sure if this is safe in general, nor do I know how
>> to make cmake link just libaio statically?

Sergei> We can take the position that for correct integration of mariadb into OS
Sergei> (and in particular, using OS dynamic libraries), one needs to use native
Sergei> OS packages of mariadb - deb, rpm, whatever. And for tarballs all bets
Sergei> are off.

However it would be good that with tarballs we do as much static
linking as possible as this makes it more likely that the binary will
work.

Regards,
Monty