Re: MariaDB 5.5 binary tarball packages and libaio

I  pushed a workaround (or a hack  dependent on point of view) that builds
mysqld without shared libaio dependency, on Linuxes that provide static
libaio (not all Linuxes have it, for example there is no static libaio on
OpenSUSE). However, users of shared embedded library  will  still have
shared libaio dependency, and users of static embedded library will need to
link with either static or shared aio themselves to satisfy all dependencies
. mysql_config has -laio  in the link flags for embedded