Re: [Commits] Rev 3353: Performed re-factoring and re-structuring of the code for mwl#248: in file:///home/igor/maria/maria-5.5-mwl248-changes/

Hi!

<cut>

Davi> It's not well defined, that's one of the reasons why it was
Davi> deprecated. It does not even exist anymore in some systems,
Davi> POSIX.1-2008 removed the specification of bzero().

It's well defined in the sence that it works everywhere (at least for
MySQL code).

>> Better to always use the same code to reset memory than doing it many
>> different ways. In MySQL code bzero() has been the offical and
>> recommended way to reset memory.

Davi> Not anymore, Oracle MySQL has addressed this issue.

In MariaDB code that is still not the case.
Personally, I find bzero() easier to read, instead of memset() as
there is no extra parameter and it's also easier grep for it.

I assume you agree that for all particular purposes, there is no
reason to not use bzero() in MariaDB code?

Regards,
Monty