Re: I would like to run a buildbot

Dan Demeter <dan@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I would be happy to compile and install the latest CLANG if you
> want. Currently I am compiling with
> gcc version 4.4.3 ( the stock one from Ubuntu repos ).

I think the currently configured builder (dan_demeter1) is fine for now. For
the other one, it sounds like a good idea to install CLANG.

> Actually, I managed to install Build Slave on a VM and it connected
> and it's running.

Yes, it seems to be working fine, great!

I am looking into the test failures, and I may need help with tracking down
one of them. We have a test that causes the server to crash like this:

    130414 13:57:41 [ERROR] mysqld got signal 6 ;

    stack_bottom = 0x0 thread_stack 0x48000
    mysys/stacktrace.c:247(my_print_stacktrace)[0xb2ef89]
    sql/signal_handler.cc:153(handle_fatal_signal)[0x71cb1b]
    ??:0(??)[0x7f82edc528f0]
    ??:0(??)[0x7f82ec98fa83]
    sql/mysqld.cc:5556(handle_connections_sockets())[0x51ca2e]
    sql/mysqld.cc:5007(mysqld_main(int, char**))[0x52359f]
    ??:0(??)[0x7f82ec8d1c4d]
    ??:0(_start)[0x516c4d]

    Writing a core file

As you see, there is not much information to go by. Here are some suggestions
you can try on the dan_demeter1 host to get more information available:

 - Install gdb (if not there already). mysql-test-run can use gdb to obtain
   better stack traces from core files.

 - Enable core files in current directory (if not enabled already). It looks
   like mysql-test-run does not find any core file, even though the log says
   that one is written. Maybe there is some default ubuntu security
   configuration or something that disables core files, or puts them in a
   different location? Not 100% sure, but something to check...

 - Maybe you can install debug symbols for libc (apt-get install libc6-dbg) to
   attempt to get better information in the stack trace (if not there already).

 - Maybe Serg (Cc:'ed) has an idea about what to install to get better stack
   traces than the above.

Thanks,