Re: I would like to run a buildbot

Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Dan Demeter <dan@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> The other builder is set up now :) I have installed clang on the 2nd
>> host also, but I don't know how to make the mariadb build process use
>> clang instead of gcc / g++ ? Do I need to uninstall gcc / g++ and make
>> a symlink ?
>
> I will handle this from my side, as desribed by Wlad in another mail.
>
> The build currently fails. I think you need to install libncurses5-dev?

Ok, I set it to use clang, it fails like this:

    https://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/bld-dan-release/builds/89/steps/compile/logs/stdio

    CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCXXCompiler.cmake:43 (MESSAGE):
      Could not find compiler set in environment variable CXX:

      clang++.

Do you know if you need to install clang++, or if it is called something else?
Wlad?

>> Check now if you have better debug messages, with gdb and debug
>> symbols installed. If not, then I will take a look on the core file
>> directory.
>
> Thanks, I will check once a new build has completed and let you know.

Hm, no it did not help :-(

So yes, please check if you can find any core files.

Also, can you let me know exactly which version of Ubuntu (I think you
mentioned using that) is installed? 32 or 64 bit? GCC version? Then I could
try reproduce myself, I have VMs of most of the Ubuntu's available...