Re: I would like to run a buildbot

Dan Demeter <dan@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The other builder is set up now :) I have installed clang on the 2nd
> host also, but I don't know how to make the mariadb build process use
> clang instead of gcc / g++ ? Do I need to uninstall gcc / g++ and make
> a symlink ?

I will handle this from my side, as desribed by Wlad in another mail.

The build currently fails. I think you need to install libncurses5-dev?

>>   - Enable core files in current directory (if not enabled already). It looks

> uhm, Not sure how to do this. Is this
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-313498.html the option you

No, this (ulimit -c) should not be needed, I think ...

> are talking about? I can tweak the /etc/security/limits.conf file if
> needed.

Yes, if there is a limit on core file size in limits.conf, then you probably
need to remove it, core files can become rather big.

But I am not sure here, I was just trying to guess why mysql-test-run was not
finding a core file. I am not even sure if the problem is the core is not
generated, or if the core is generated but not found for some reason.

> Check now if you have better debug messages, with gdb and debug
> symbols installed. If not, then I will take a look on the core file
> directory.

Thanks, I will check once a new build has completed and let you know.