From: MARK CALLAGHAN [mailto:mdcallag@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Freitag, 26. April 2013 08:16
To: Vladislav Vaintroub
Cc: Kristian Nielsen; Daniel Bartholomew;
maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Maria-developers] Installing jemalloc on build VMs

Educated snark is much better than uneducated snark. Why don't you take the
time to understand why TokuDB benefits from jemalloc before suggesting they
fix their code. mysqld has always been faster for me with tcmalloc &
jemalloc versus glibc malloc. I don't recall much support from everyone at
official MySQL when I was reporting those problem. Why didn't you fix mysqld
back then so I didn't have to waste time on that?

http://mysqlha.blogspot.com/2009/01/double-sysbench-throughput-with_18.html
http://mysqlha.blogspot.com/2008/12/make-mysql-faster-in-one-hour_14.html
http://mysqlha.blogspot.com/2009/01/innodb-is-faster-tcmalloc-is-nice.html

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Vladislav Vaintroub <wlad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> [...]

I wanted to say the same. I do not understand quite how it is possible to
rely on malloc replacement library - it is a replacement, it is typically
handled at runtime (using LD_PRELOAD environment variable). Perhaps someone
familiar with the subject can enlighten us on it.