Re: [Maria-discuss] Clear-text plugin

From: Maria-developers [mailto:maria-developers-bounces+wlad=montyprogram.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Laursen
Sent: Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2013 15:40
To: Sergei Golubchik
Cc: Maria Discuss; Maria Developers
Subject: Re: [Maria-developers] [Maria-discuss] Clear-text plugin

>"no support for dlopen()" .  How does this apply to Windows clients?  We always build first on Windows and once we have no errors of any kind we build on Linux if the application exists for that platform (what MONyog does and SQLyog does not) and fix what issues may occur there.
>This issue has occurred with SQLyog (and as such for a Windows client).
>I am not coder/developer myself, but on Windows I think we have no other option than statically linking? We could of could compile the API as a .dll, but we don't (because we had a lot of problems with it >earlier).

Peter,
Out client library is able to load plugins, whether it is linked statically or shared with  the executable is not very important. what serg refers to is -DHAVE_DLOPEN preprocessor constant. dlopen()  on Windows trivially translates to LoadLibrary().

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, Peter!

On Jun 04, Peter Laursen wrote:
> We have the same problem.  We cannot test either. But we have a few user
> reports.  We will discuss what we can do.
>
> Is there any parameter or compile-time option we should be aware of? Any
> specific documentation somewhere? Anything?
Not really. If the cleartext plugin is built and installed, it'll be
used when the server requests it.

I've just checked that this plugin is present both in rpm and deb
packages. I didn't check binary tarballs, but it should be there too.

So, there's nothing to configure at run-time or compile-time, everything
should work automatically and transparently.

Hmm, unless you build a completely static client library with no support
for dlopen().