Group commit comparison between mysql and mariadb

Hi Kristian,

I'm wondering, do we have any comparison of MariaDB's binlog group commit
implementation vs MySQL's binlog's group commit? I recall Mats writing a blog
about the differences last year, but he didn't have the code back then. I'm
wondering if Oracle had implemented what he described, or did something else...

I understand that in order to do benchmark we need to finish merging InnoDB
from MySQL 5.6 into MariaDB 10.0.  One can't benchmark group commit per se, it
is tied to innodb.

Do we still have any clue, before the merge happens? Btw, what should the
merge do - take group commit from MariaDB or from MySQL?

BR
Sergei Petrunia, Software Developer
Monty Program AB, http://askmonty.org
Blog: http://s.petrunia.net/blog