Opened_plugin_libraries status variable

Hi

I would like to document the Opened_plugin_libraries status variable, introduced in MariaDB 10.0, but can't understand what it's all about.

I have looked at:
http://lists.askmonty.org/pipermail/commits/2013-April/004595.html
but it's not really making sense what it's testing.

In my own setup, each time I query the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ALL_PLUGINS table, Opened_plugin_libraries increments by 19 (no matter what conditions I apply).

The only correlation I can find is that there are 19 records with the LOAD_OPTION = 'OFF'. Is this what Opened_plugin_libraries is recording? Why does it increment each time I query the table (19, 38, 57 etc) - how is this useful?

Can someone clarify exactly what this variable records, and how it's useful?

thanks,
ian

Follow ups