Re: Extra copying in debian/rules causes troubles

2014-02-04 Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Elena Stepanova <elenst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> I'm ready to do so, but Otto says that he's currently working on the
>> contents of the debian folder and is getting ready to push it, and
>> thus I should probably not change anything in there.
>> On the other hand, it might be nice to have the change in 10.0.8, to
>> let it run the tests after package build again.
>> All in all, I need to know how to proceed -- push or not push.
>
> From my point of view the change is fine to push.
> But I agree it sounds a good idea to coordinate with Otto.

If this change actually fixes the bug or not I will comment to
https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-5591 once my tests are done

I think you can push to can push on mariadb-10 freely. I have diverged
only mariadb-5.5/debian/* in my https://github.com/ottok/mariadb-5.5.
The world will not collapse if you push in 5.5 too, it's just that
life will be a bit simpler if my mariadb-5.5/debian/* will eventually
be merged upon the original mariadb-5.5/debian/* and not need a 3-way
merge.