Interest in the "LDAP Authentication plugin" project for GSoC14

Hi everyone!

First of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Marta Sequeira
and I'm studying for my master's degree in Computer Science, in Instituto
Superior Técnico, Portugal.

I have skills in C from the academic projects I developed. I did a course
in relational DBMS and I have managed a few MySQL databases. I also am
currently maintaining some PHP code that uses a large LDAP directory (but
not for authentication in this particular case), and I have worked with a
Samba server that uses LDAP authentication, so I am somewhat familiar with
LDAP. This is the reason why I'm very interested in the LDAP Authentication
plugin project.

I would like to apply for this project, so any guidelines on what I should
include in my proposal are very welcome. I would also like to know if you
consider this project idea to fullfil the workload goals of GSoC, or if I
should apply for more projects from your ideas page. Since I am not yet
familiar with the MariaDB's code, I have no notion of the amount of work it
will require.

Best regards,
--
Marta Sequeira