Re: [GSoC] Accepted student ready to work : )

Hi Pablo,

On 4/23/2014 12:07 PM, Pablo Estrada wrote:
Hello Sergei,

<cut>

Yup, I understand what you mean here... I can grasp the concepts, but I
am still having some trouble understanding some of the terms that you
use in the graphs. I can see that recall is related to the percentage of
failures that have been encountered, and I guess that cutoff has to do
with how many files you analyze before starting reordering... Also, I
can see by your comments a bit of your thought process, but I have a few
questions.

I also have some questions regarding what you did with some of the data,
to get some ideas on how to do it myself. Also regarding how the
buildbot organizes builds and how they correspond to code changes and to
test runs.

The buildbot dump that I sent to you will give you an idea of how buildbot organizes builds etc. There is also a buildbot master configuration file in LP (http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/mariadb-tools/trunk/view/head:/buildbot/maria-master.cfg) which might be useful.

If it's not too inconvenient, do you think we could set up a Google
Hangout or a Skype call on Monday to go over a few questions quickly?

If you are busy, we can do it through email or on IRC. I can also take a
dive into the bzr repo, and look at what you did, as well as read up all
the info regarding the data; but it would be real helpful if you could
lend me a hand : )

I suggest doing it in a different order. Please do take a dive into the bzr repo, look at what Sergei did, and read all the info. I hope after you have done that, there won't be so many questions left, so a voice session won't be necessary, and email or two will cover the rest. It will be more efficient at the end, will help us keep track of the information and ideas, and besides Sergei is currently on vacation anyway.

Regards,
Elena

Thank you very much.
Best