Re: Debian packaging - option to enable feedback plugin

You could at least add in the default my.cnf a section for the feedback plugin or create a specific config file on the /etc/mysql/conf.d/ directory.

Having a dialog is not a real issue for automated install as running the package installation in non interactive mode would keep the default value (off) and as the dialog wouldnt be showed on upgrade, only on first installation and it still can be pre-configured using debconf-set-selections.