Merge request: Cross-compile fixes (MySQL bug #61340)

Hello all,

I posted a merge request to Launchpad back in April. A Launchpad glitch
meant that it didn't get any attention but I was told on IRC to post
about it here.

The merge request:
https://code.launchpad.net/~chewi/maria/mysql-fix-bug61340/+merge/217351

The commit diff:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~chewi/maria/mysql-fix-bug61340/revision/4165

Given the nature of the fix, I can appreciate that it is difficult for
other developers to test but I can tell you that I have just tried out
a cross-built MariaDB under QEMU/proot and it seems to work. I have
also seen posts from others stating that they made similar temporary
adjustments to the CMake files with successful results.

I am providing this contribution to the MariaDB Foundation under the
MCA and also wish for it to be applied to MySQL.

Regards,
James

Follow ups