Re: Merge request: Cross-compile fixes (MySQL bug #61340)

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 22:44:10 +0100
James Le Cuirot <chewi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I posted a merge request to Launchpad back in April. A Launchpad
> glitch meant that it didn't get any attention but I was told on IRC
> to post about it here.
>
> The merge request:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~chewi/maria/mysql-fix-bug61340/+merge/217351
>
> The commit diff:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~chewi/maria/mysql-fix-bug61340/revision/4165
>
> Given the nature of the fix, I can appreciate that it is difficult for
> other developers to test but I can tell you that I have just tried out
> a cross-built MariaDB under QEMU/proot and it seems to work. I have
> also seen posts from others stating that they made similar temporary
> adjustments to the CMake files with successful results.
>
> I am providing this contribution to the MariaDB Foundation under the
> MCA and also wish for it to be applied to MySQL.

Please guys, you told me to post this here and it has now been 2 weeks
since after already having been ignored for months.

I know this may not benefit anyone on this list but there are certainly
others who wish to see this fixed. Remember that I was not the one who
created the original MySQL bug report.

It's not a massive change to review and all you really need to
determine is that I haven't broken the regular build. Cross-compiling
was already broken so it's not like I could have made it any worse.

Regards,
James