Re: [Maria-discuss] MariaDB encryption

At startup the keys will be read once and kept in memory. Normaly you are not going to encrypt 1000 tables, because you just encrypt the content that is confidential. But yes- each key has to be in the memory. Or you use an external encryption/key server that handels the encryption and the key-management outside the DB.

We enhanced the concept, that it is possible to deliver the key manually at server startup. You can have it e.g. on a pendrive and start the server with the keys as a backup.