Re: Merge request: Cross-compile fixes (MySQL bug #61340)

Hi James,

On 30 Jun 2014, at 17:34, James Le Cuirot <chewi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 22:44:10 +0100
> James Le Cuirot <chewi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I posted a merge request to Launchpad back in April. A Launchpad
>> glitch meant that it didn't get any attention but I was told on IRC
>> to post about it here.
>>
>> The merge request:
>> https://code.launchpad.net/~chewi/maria/mysql-fix-bug61340/+merge/217351
>>
>> The commit diff:
>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~chewi/maria/mysql-fix-bug61340/revision/4165
>>
>> Given the nature of the fix, I can appreciate that it is difficult for
>> other developers to test but I can tell you that I have just tried out
>> a cross-built MariaDB under QEMU/proot and it seems to work. I have
>> also seen posts from others stating that they made similar temporary
>> adjustments to the CMake files with successful results.
>>
>> I am providing this contribution to the MariaDB Foundation under the
>> MCA and also wish for it to be applied to MySQL.
>
> Please guys, you told me to post this here and it has now been 2 weeks
> since after already having been ignored for months.
>
> I know this may not benefit anyone on this list but there are certainly
> others who wish to see this fixed. Remember that I was not the one who
> created the original MySQL bug report.
>
> It's not a massive change to review and all you really need to
> determine is that I haven't broken the regular build. Cross-compiling
> was already broken so it's not like I could have made it any worse.

Sorry for the late reply

I've created a JIRA ticket (please subscribe to it even):
	https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-6410

Svoj/bar: might you have time to take a look at this?

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, SkySQL - The MariaDB Company
blog: http://bytebot.net/blog/| t: +6-012-204-3201 | Skype: colincharles