Re: Closing bugs as Incomplete/Cannot reproduce requires FixVersion?

Hi, Sergey!

On Aug 23, Sergey Petrunia wrote:
> Hi Serg,
>
> (writing to you because I think it was you who set Jira's rules for Fix Version
> field).
>
> I'm trying to close MDEV-6032 as "Incomplete" ("Cannot reproduce" would also
> work). This resolution is meant to say that the issue is not really resolved.
>
> And Jira's "Close Issue" dialog gives me this error:
>
>   Field Fix Version/s with actual value does not match regular expression
>
> I think it doesn't make sense. I even think that "Fix Version" must be empty
> for bugs that are closed with resolution other than "Fixed" or "Duplicate".
>
> Do you agree with this reasoning? If yes, is it possible to fix Jira to follow
> this logic?

You can put N/A (not applicable) instead - it was added precisely for
this purpose (and also for documentation/buildbot issues).

I'd prefer to avoid allowing empty version - putting "N/A" requires a
conscious action, while empty is just too easy to leave by mistake.