Re: Learning about MariaDB, Getting Started

Hi,
Thank you everyone for such great suggestions. I will surely work upon all the offered suggestions. This positive response of community has inspired me even more.
Regards,Kavneet Kaur
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 03:48:06 -0300
From: roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: spsrirampatil@xxxxxxxxx
CC: maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Maria-developers] Learning about MariaDB, Getting Started

you done a nice work, a very well docummented blog with source code about a MDEV, that's a small book :) very usefull, thank you doing that nice job :)there's mysql dev page, and there're some mysql internal books too , i read this one (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596009571.do), but it's a bit "old", and i liked
it's a first step book, but i didn't found many info about optimizer, i think that optimizer is a 'black magic' not well documented yet kkk, but with time you can learn it from source, i will read it some day :)
another very good think is ask at irc, mail lists, and starting a job or implementing a feature from jira bug tracker, many guys here help a lot too, but solving a feature is easier and solve "problems" :)

good look and good studies guy

Thank you, Roberto for recommending my blog. :)

Hi Kavneet, you can learn about the internals of how things work in MariaDB, coding standards, etc. here.

This will give you a good grasp about overall structure of the source code and then you can look into specific details as you desire.

Sriram.