mariadb native client -- how to call RPMs?

Hi,

in Fedora, we're about to package mariadb-native-client, which we'd like to utilize in Fedora as much as possible since using this piece of software we can break the dependency on whole mariadb server package and thus make the base system more compact.

However, since mariadb.org does not provide RPMs yet, I'm wondering what would be the best name for such RPM package. The tar ball is called mariadb_client.tar.gz but the project is called mariadb-native-client on launchpad, which I like more btw. because it differs more from mariadb-client package (which is actually a subpackage of mariadb).

So, is mariadb-native-client a good choice or is there a better one?

Cheers,
Honza

Follow ups