Re: Review of Debian packaging file listing?

As stated on MDEV-4537, innotop is included on the mariadb-client packages since 5.5 and the shipped version is an old one that has few bugs as far as i remember. From the serg comment on the MDEV it seems to be fix-planned for 10.1 but i dont know if its meaning the inclusion of an updated version or a removal of it and from https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/MySQL/WhichPackage, it should be put on a separate "innotop" package. The wheezy "mysql-client-5.5" package seems to include "innotop" as well (i havent checked which version), the mysql-client-5.6 package on Ubuntu too.

As a side note, the "mysqlreport" version shipped with mariadb-client-10.0 shows two warnings when executed and the values of the slow queries log "LOG:" and the InnoDB "Reads Ahead Sql" are empty as the variable name for the first has changed and the second doesnt exist anymore (the same should happen with MySQL 5.6). I fixed these and added support for many new MariaDB features on MDEV-573, it works perfectly on MySQL 5.1, 5.5 and MariaDB 5.5 and 10.0.

Another side note (you are not the maintainer for this package but its related to the topic) : Debian and Ubuntu ships "mytop" as a separate package but MariaDB have a specific mytop version which is available on the "scripts" folder of the sources as "mytop.sh" (which is an oddity as its a perl script), I updated it fixing some bugs, adding some features and I just backported all interesting modifications from the latest version shipped with Ubuntu which had many patches made since the MariaDB specific version has been forked. It is available on MDEV-4476, it works perfectly on MySQL 5.1, 5.5 and MariaDB 5.5 and 10.0 (i havent tested other versions). I listed on my last comment on the MDEV the differences that might be *problematic* between the Ubuntu shipped version (with patches applied) and mine.