Re: [Maria-discuss] Enabling feedback pluging for MariaDB 10.1.4

Hi,

I agree with Kristian.  Given the way it works, the statistics are really
meaningless and I feel you shouldn't drive important choices based on bad
statistics.  I personally would suggest displaying a link to a
feedback/survey form with web downloads and display a message after rpm/deb
installation that says something like "please visit
http://blah/blah/blah/survey to tell us more about the features you use and
help direct the future development of MariaDB".  This has an added bonus:
not all users know about all features, and a list/survey of the important
and interesting ones could get more users to use them.

Just my $.02

--Justin