Re: [Maria-discuss] Enabling feedback pluging for MariaDB 10.1.4

Hi, Justin!

On Mar 09, Justin Swanhart wrote:

> I agree with Kristian.  Given the way it works, the statistics are
> really meaningless and I feel you shouldn't drive important choices
> based on bad statistics.

Of course. This statistics is not *the only* argument. For important
decisions there are always many aspects to consider. The statistics is
just another data, in addition to "and *I* think that every user needs
feature X and never uses the feature Y" :)

> I personally would suggest displaying a link to a feedback/survey form
> with web downloads and display a message after rpm/deb installation
> that says something like "please visit http://blah/blah/blah/survey to
> tell us more about the features you use and help direct the future
> development of MariaDB".  This has an added bonus: not all users know
> about all features, and a list/survey of the important and interesting
> ones could get more users to use them.

A survey is a pretty good idea, thanks!

It may not provide a much better (as in "representative sample") statistics,
but it will surely tell the users about the features.