Re: Tasks for newcomer

Hi, Martin!

On Mar 17, Martin Kaluznik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am student interested in GSoC project Automatic provisioning of
> slave ( https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-7502 ). Who would
> like to contribute to codebase. I will appreciate if somebody could
> suggest me something to work on.

I've found a couple of replication related issues, but they're not as
small as MDEV-7780 that you've done.

https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-7416
https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-7130

Alternatively, pick another non-replication issue, if you'd like.

> I found something really small for myself
> (https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-7780 ) and implemented it
> in most basic way.
> https://github.com/f4rnham/server/commits/MDEV-7780

Looks quite ok :)

> Config entry for case specified in report would be
>
> fake_version=5.5.25
>
> It will probably require test case too, and I am not sure if this
> feature will be actually safe, it may create some inconsistencies.

Right. Try to create a small test case for it.
Tests are under mysql-test/
The documentation is here: https://kb.askmonty.org/en/mysql-test/

I suspect that it might be a risky feature to have. So it might be that
we won't implement it after all.

> I have never worked with bzr before, but if it will be required, I
> will look into that.

No, it's not. MariaDB is now completely in git.