Re: Interested in Contributing Code to Maria DB.

Hi Alangi,

> On 3 Aug 2015, at 21:18, Alangi Derick <alangiderick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>   I am Alangi Derick and a computer engineering student(specialty:
> software engineering) from the University of Buea. I am a junior and i
> code in C. I have found interest in Maria DB. I have used many DBMS
> but i will like to develop for MariaDB since it is Open source and it
> is the one that has caught my interest.

This is great that you are interested in contributing to MariaDB!

> I have some contributions to make to this organisation in terms of the
> Maria DB project. I am very proficient in my skills of programming and
> will first of all start by fixing some bugs in the Maria DB code base
> before writing a whole module(implementation of my idea) to add to
> maria db.
>
> I will like if the entire community welcomes and support me so as to
> make Maria DB a better DBMS for everyone. Thanks and hope to
> participate in the development.

Welcome to the community. Have you decided on what you might be interested in contributing to? If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask.

Don’t forget the most important resources that we have:
Jira - find tasks that we’re planning on working on, bugs to fix, etc. — https://mariadb.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa
The Knowledge Base — https://mariadb.com/kb/en/
Github — https://github.com/mariadb

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, MariaDB Corporation
blog: http://bytebot.net/blog/ | t: +6-012-204-3201 | Skype: colincharles