Re: [Commits] a1ab431: MDEV-7261 - Backport the default autosized value of

Hi, Sergey!

On Nov 23, Sergey Vojtovich wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 10:00:33AM +0100, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> > On Nov 23, Sergey Vojtovich wrote:
> >
> > Could there be any other fix for P_S autosizing besides moving all its
> > dependencies to early options?
> No simple solution on my mind. May be initialize PFS with defaults and
> then reinitialize with real values?

perfschema creates fixed-size (*) arrays based on these values. And
allocates data mutexes, rwlocks, conditions there.

if perfschema data structures are re-initialized, all mutexes/etc have
to be. That's why Marc has created these "early options" in the
first place. To reinitialize only those few mutexes that my_getopt
needs, not half of the server.

(*) I have a vague recollection that this could've been changed (may be
partially) in 5.7.