Re: Documentation for new features

Hi, Ian!

On Dec 22, Ian Gilfillan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I quite often find out about a new feature after release, either by
> looking through the changelog and commits, or because someone points out
> it's missing from the documentation.
>
> It's time-consuming trying to keep track of every change, and I miss
> things (especially in non-default plugins etc), so it'd be better if
> everyone can remember the need for documentation when adding new
> features/variables or changes in behaviour.

I doubt it's possible :(

During the release preparation I can look through the changelog and
see what needs to be documented.

Or we can tweak our workflow in Jira somehow to include documentation.

But I wouldn't expect everyone simply to remember the need for
documentation all the time.

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx
--