GSoC 2016 self Introduction

Dear MariaDB Developers,

I am Charles Muurmu and I wish to participate in GSoC 2016 (and 17 if
possible)  with MariaDB. First, congratulations for passing a successful
application with Google.

I have gone through the program time line and students applications start
in two weeks, However
I am interested in two projects for which I will submit 2 proposals.

First, I am interested in the Cassandra storage engine V2 as I have basic
knowledge on how to write storage engine plugins as well as working
knowledge of cassandra.

Also I will be having as backup project the GIS enhancement task which
requires adding a new geometry type containing the third coordinate,
writing importers and exporters for the extended geometry formats...

I have two books guiding me for now: Understanding MySQL Internals by
O'reilly media and MySQL plugin Development by Sergei Golubchik.

While preparing for student application I will be reading mariadb Knowledge
base and ask questions on #maria. I will also try to look an the DataStax
C++ Driver which will  be used.

Thanks,
Charles.