Re: InnoDB blob for primary key

Hello Sergei!
Hi Actually I was thinking about how to implement
blob as a foreign key.Foreign has to be unique which
we  can already  implement. To make it foreign key
we can either store unique hash or the whole blob
column.
But I am not sure much people
want to copy so long blob data in reference table.
Second option would be use blob hash as a reference key.
But user can not directly  us hash as a reference key
because that is hidden.
What I was thinking of a clear to programmer way of
using blob hash. Suppose user can directly create
blob hash column ,use that column as a primary key or
foreign key.Like
create table t1(abc blob , blob hash(abc))//this will just create blob hash
column
create table t1(abc blob,unique(blob hash(abc))) // this will create unique
blob hash column
and similar for primary key and foreign key
user can enter hash value if they have some good algorithm
or if they do not give any value we will automatically
create and store hash. What do you think? sir.
Regards
sachin