Re: [MariaDB/server] MDEV-9857: line cache size (to 10.1) (#169)

Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Was it under GPLv2, that would've been enough.

Ok, this is good to know. So if a patch is made available only under GPLv2,
not BSD or MCA, it can still be included in MariaDB, same as any other
contribution.

> So, indeed, the standard request is "please contribute under MCA or
> BSD-new".

It is ok to ask, of course. I am sure many contributers are fine with
this. But it would be good to clarify that in the end, it is up to the
choice of the contributer. I am sure I am not the only one who is confused
by the current requests for licence from contributers. "The MariaDB
Foundation needs" is different from "The MariaDB Foundation suggests".

> But this is unrelated to the contribution that we're talking about. It

I hope it was clear that I am not interested in this particular patch, I was
trying to point out a general issue.