Re: Problem with parallel replication in 10.2

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Michael Widenius <michael.widenius@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

> Ok, so I prepared patches for this:
>
>   http://lists.askmonty.org/pipermail/commits/2016-September/009740.html
>   http://lists.askmonty.org/pipermail/commits/2016-September/009741.html
>   http://lists.askmonty.org/pipermail/commits/2016-September/009742.html
>
> (Also available here: https://github.com/knielsen/server/commits/montyrpl)
>

> The two other patches change InnoDB to use the async deadlock kill, and
> remove the old locking hacks around innobase_kill_query() and such. In
> fact,
> I still got locking violation assertions without these patches. These last
> two patches should only go into 10.2. I think it will be good to get the
> code cleaned up like this.

In my opinion two other patches that change InnoDB should also go to 10.1,
this looks a lot more robust and cleaner than current hack with mutexes
and states to identify which mutexes we have. Similar mechanism could be
then used
also on Galera where we still have problems with these mutexes.

R: Jan