Re: Working on spider patches, MDEV-7698

Hi!

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 3:38 PM, kentoku <kentokushiba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Monty!
>
> Thank you for starting this task. I appreciate it.
>
>> Kentoku, do you have patches for the test files, or should I just take
>> them from the above spider branch or from somewhere else ?
>
> I just attached test files into MDEV-7698. Please use it. And please
> let me know if you get a error from test. Sometimes, test results are
> changed by patches. In this case I should check it.

I will start working on applying the test files to 10.2-spider now
I was mostly confused by that in the current 10.2 the test and result
files doesn't match.

>> I can't figure out,why we get the above warnings.
>> This is from a patch we discussed at booking.com one year ago.  Any
>> explanation for the above warnings would be appreciated.
>>
>> You can branch 10.2-spider and check the current state.
>
> O.K. I'll check it.

Please send an email when you have figured out why we get the new
warnings. This looks very strange.

Here is the executed code with warnings:
mysql-test-run spider/handler.basic_sql

CREATE TABLE ta_l (
PRIMARY KEY(a)
) ENGINE=Spider DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT='database
"auto_test_remote", table "ta_r"'
    CONNECTION='host "localhost", socket
"/home/my/maria-10.2-spider/mysql-test/var/tmp/mysqld.2.1.sock", user
"root",
    password ""'
IGNORE SELECT a, b, c FROM tb_l;
Warnings:
Warning    1062    Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'
Warning    1062    Duplicate entry '2' for key 'PRIMARY'
Warning    1062    Duplicate entry '3' for key 'PRIMARY'
Warning    1062    Duplicate entry '4' for key 'PRIMARY'
Warning    1062    Duplicate entry '5' for key 'PRIMARY

But when we do a select from the table, it looks like all rows are there.

Is this because the table ta_l is connected to a remote table trough
spider that already has the
rows in it ?
If yes, then it would be good to have a comment about this is in the
test and also insert
data that is different from the original one to make this part clear.

Regards,
Monty