Re: GSOC 2017 ideas

Hi, Charles!

On Mar 24, Charles Cui wrote:
> Hi guys,
> This is Charles Cui from Tsinghua University, China. I am pretty
> interested in the ideas listed in GSOC 2017 page on Maria DB,
> especially the idea "Cassandra Storage Engine V2".  I have some
> experiences in Cassandra and MySQL, but quite new to Maria DB. I am
> wondering whether I can join this project and work with you guys? I
> speak fluent English and available during the whole summer. In case
> that this project is allocated to other people, I am also open to pick
> other projects in Maria DB. Let me know if you have questions or
> feedbacks.

The project is not allocated yet, it cannot be.

First, students submit proposals (deadline: April 3), then we choose best
proposals and tell Google how many students we want to take, then Google
tells us how many students we can actually take, and then we decide who
we will take for this GSoC.

So, please, feel free to submit a proposal for the Cassandra Storage
Engine project or any other project that you like. Just make sure to do
it before the deadline :)

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx