Re: GSOC 2017 ideas

Hello Charles,

I really appreciate your passion to learn new technology. As you are
already familiar with MySQL and Cassandra start looking into the Maria
architecture. Most of the projects involve kernel level locking system
called semaphores. So knowledge on this would be helpful. You can gain some
useful insights from here
https://github.com/MariaDB/server. If you have any further questions please
feel free to contact. We always welcome people who want to learn.

Thank you:)