GSOC 2017 ideas

Hi guys,
    This is Charles Cui from Tsinghua University, China. I am pretty
interested in
the ideas listed in GSOC 2017 page on Maria DB, especially the idea
"Cassandra Storage Engine V2".  I have some experiences in Cassandra and
MySQL, but quite new to Maria DB. I am wondering whether I can join this
project and work with you guys? I speak fluent English and available during
the whole summer. In case that this project is allocated to other people, I
am also open to pick other projects in Maria DB. Let me know if you have
questions or feedbacks.

Thanks, Charles.

Follow ups