exact commands to produce similar mariadb release tarball

Hi there,

I'm trying to do some custom builds of MariaDB for myself, but want to
emulate the release builds as much as possible.

I'm doing this on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and following steps here:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/creating-the-mariadb-binary-tarball/

However, my tarball ends up being 227MB compared to the downloads that are
~500MB, plus it won't start because it's missing jemalloc.

Where can I find info about the environment and the commandline used to
build the official releases e.g.
mariadb-10.1.24-linux-glibc_214-x86_64.tar.gz (535.6MB)

Thanks!

Phil

Follow ups