Re: exact commands to produce similar mariadb release tarball

Hi, Phil!

On Jun 25, Phil Sweeney wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to do some custom builds of MariaDB for myself, but want to
> emulate the release builds as much as possible.
>
> I'm doing this on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and following steps here:
>
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/creating-the-mariadb-binary-tarball/
>
> However, my tarball ends up being 227MB compared to the downloads that are
> ~500MB, plus it won't start because it's missing jemalloc.

Did you use -DBUILD_CONFIG=mysql_release ?
I think it forces jemalloc to be in.

> Where can I find info about the environment and the commandline used to
> build the official releases e.g.
> mariadb-10.1.24-linux-glibc_214-x86_64.tar.gz (535.6MB)

One approach, that will always show correct procedure, is to go to
http://buildbot.askmonty.org/ and check the build log (click on the
branch name, e.g. 10.1, then on one of the latest builds for one of the
bintar builders). For example, see
http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/kvm-bintar-trusty-amd64/builds/1625/steps/compile/logs/stdio

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx